OS: Welcome to BA Tortuga, author of What the Cat Dragged In. She’s here today to talk about her love of shifters! Something we can all understand 😉 Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for having me!
Top Ten Reasons I Love Writing Shifters
Hey, y’all! I’m BA Tortuga, resident redneck and lover of werebeasts.
Why? Here, I’ll share.
10. I love the juxtaposition of animal and human. I love exploring how they fit together and how they don’t.
8. Noises – chirruping and growling and snarling and purring.
7. Writing shifters is incredibly textural – fur and fang, claw and the leathery paws.
6. I adore putting two different species together whenever I can, because love’s not complicated enough.
5. I love the rules – pack systems and biological urges and hierarchies. I love to study sociology of animals.
3. I love imagining what human job a shifter would love. What would they feel led to do for a living? Where would they live?
2. Hot animalistic fights and sex and roaring and sex. I love the raw passion. LOVE it.
1. BITING. Ahem Yeah. Yay biting. What? You expected something different? 😉
Much love, y’all.
A Sanctuary Novel
Don’t people know that cats and dogs don’t mix?
Connor Ragbone finds things. Sometimes it’s gold, sometimes jewels, sometimes people. Set in his hippie ways, he never thought he’d find a pack, but with Sam and Gus and their goofy shifter family, he fits right in. Then he finds Brock.
Shifter Brock Herman is undercover alone, working to break up a poaching ring. The last thing he needs is for Connor to wreck his sting. And now the crazy bobcat just won’t go away!
The poachers lead Brock and Connor on a merry chase all over Western Colorado, looking for shifter bears, but it’s a lost pup who brings them back to Nevada and the pack Sam and Gus are building. That’s when Brock has to decide whether he still travels alone or if Connor and his crazy family are where his heart belongs.
This follow-up to Just Like Cats and Dogs is a feel-good shifter romance novel where cats and dogs prove they can be way more than the enemies nature has made them.
Dreamspinner Press: https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/what-the-cat-dragged-in-by-ba-tortuga-8576-b
About BA Tortuga
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds and her beloved wife, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing Pinterest in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot, her best friend, Sean Michael, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has heard the call of the high desert and lives in the Sandias. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery menages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head. Find her on the web at www.batortuga.com