OS: Welcome to Poppy Dennison!
One of the most fun parts of writing Coconut Cove with M.J. O’Shea was figuring out all the fun tropey characters made famous on other Teen TV shows. We wanted to give each character– and actor– a fun personality that would flow through the series. I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite Teen TV Bad guys… and the actors who play them in honor Levi and his bad boy character Robbie, Coconut Cove’s resident bad boy.
1. Derek Hale (Teen Wolf) played by Tyler Hoechlin: I love that we meet Derek Hale with a gruff and grumpy “get off my lawn” moment in Teen Wolf. What I love more? Tyler Hoechlin seems like such a sweet and goofy guy who plays this uber serious character filled with man pain! Definitely a favorite and I loved watching him throughout Teen Wolf’s run! (And if you haven’t seen pics of Tyler in his Superman suit for CW’s Supergirl… trust me, Google ‘em.)
2. Jess Mariano (Gilmore Girls) played by Milo Ventimiglia: Okay, look. My sister and I have had a few *serious* debates on whether Jess was the bad boy or Logan was, but I think for the most part, that role was given to Jess for Rory. He was the total opposite of Dean and drew her in like a moth to flame. And I loved every second of it.
3. Dexter Morgan (Dexter) played by Michael C. Hall: All I can really say here is that he’s a serial killer and we root for him. What? What??? How’d they even do that? He’s the ultimate bad boy even though I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have a heart of gold…
4. Malcolm Merlyn (Arrow) played by John Barrowman: I’m going to make another confession here: I have a total crush on John Barrowman. The man has a twinkle in his eye that just… whew. It works for me. Even when he’s playing bad guy Malcolm Merlyn, I can’t take my eyes off him. (Anyone else miss Captain Jack though?)
5. Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead) played by Norman Reedus: True story, I quit watching TWD after the season where they’re walking and they’re walking and then they did that thing where we thought Daryl was going to get to have a thing but they were just yanking our chain with the thing and they didn’t and I said Nope. Done. BUT, could there be a better bad boy who we can’t get enough of? I don’t think so! I’ve seen a bunch of people say that if Daryl dies, they’ll quit watching and I can’t say they’re wrong. That’s the best kind of bad boy though, isn’t it? One you just can’t get enough of!
Who are your favorite TV bad boys? I hope you’ll stop by Coconut Cove and see what Levi and his alter ego, bad boy Robbie, get up to!
Coconut Cove: Book Three
Lights, camera… wardrobe?
Coconut Cove is television’s newest hot sensation. The glitzy teen drama set in the beach lover’s paradise of Key West is the talk of every gossip rag eager for dirt and hookup news on the hot young actors—like Levi Phillips, who plays the show’s resident bad boy.
Levi’s attraction to costume designer Whit heads into high romance when Whit orders Levi out of his clothes—in an attempt to save Levi from heat exhaustion, of course.
Sassy Whit knows just how to dress, and undress, Levi, and soon the sexy duo are steaming it up offscreen, which is no surprise to their friends and castmates.
But love in the public eye is complicated, and rumors pose challenges that can threaten careers and love….
Dreamspinner Press: https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/when-he-was-bad-by-poppy-dennison-9756-b
About the Author:
Add two parts sass and one part sweet and you have Poppy Dennison to a T—sweet tea that is. Raised by a gaggle of Southern women who love reading and have backbones of steel, Poppy was brought up to see the best in people but always speak her mind. Mix it all together, like Grandma’s famous cobbler, and you get a sassy, Southern lady with a quick wit and loads of charm, who will soften any blow with “Bless your heart.”
Her books reflect her small town roots, are filled with all the comforts of home, and come with side dish of spicy, because that’s the way she likes it.